Lissa Rivera (Brooklyn, NY), Motel, 2015, from the series "Beautiful Boy," Archival inkjet print, 20 x 24 inches, courtesy of the artist.
The Photographic Resource Center at Boston University presents a special version of EXPOSURE in honor of the 20th iteration of its renowned juried show and the PRC’s 40th anniversary year. To honor these milestones, the PRC sought a chorus of voices and asked former PRC Curators and Directors of Exhibitions to jury this year’s exhibition, collectively: Anita Douthat, John Jacob, Leslie K. Brown, George Slade, and Francine Weiss. This esteemed group represents close to 30 years of PRC exhibition history as well a collection of impressive current experiences and positions as well.
Known for identifying new trends and showcasing several works from multiple photographers, the annual PRC Juried Exhibition has shown over 300 photographers—including an array of established photographers and those cited as “ones to watch”—since it began in 1996. With a special slate of jurors and 13 excellent photographers selected for exhibition, the EXPOSURE 2016 edition commemorates our past, showcases the present, and celebrates the future. The PRC is honored and excited to present and open this exciting iteration of EXPOSURE as a part of the Flash Forward Festival Boston. For more information on EXPOSURE 2016 and links to past exhibitions, visit its special webpage: www.prcboston.org/juriedexhibition.htm.
- Leah Miriam Cooper (Quincy, MA) LeahMiriam.com
- Marcus DeSieno (North Port, FL) marcusdesieno.com
- Thea Dodds (Rumney, NH) theadodds.com
- Tsar Fedorsky (Gloucester, MA) tsarphoto.com
- Michael Joseph (Boston, MA) michaeljosephphotographics.com
- Sarah Malakoff (Roslindale, MA) sarahmalakoff.com
- Toni Pepe (Malden, MA) tonipepe.com
- Astrid Reischwitz (Bedford, MA) reischwitzphotography.com
- Lissa Rivera (Brooklyn, NY) lissarivera.com
- Jonathan Sharlin (Providence, RI) jonathansharlin.com
- John Steck, Jr. (Chicago, IL) johnsteckjr.com
- Larry Volk (Arlington, MA) larryvolk.com
- Terri Warpinski (Eugene, OR) terriwarpinski.com
EXPOSURE 2016 is dedicated to the memory of Daniel P. Younger (d. 2016, past Librarian, Editor of “VIEWS: The Journal of Photography in New England,” Director of Publications, and co-administrator of the PRC’s Logan Grants for essays in photography) and Robert Seydel (d. 2011, past PRC Managing Editor of VIEWS, Director of Programs, and Curator, 1992-97); the Spring 2016 exhibition season is dedicated to past PRC board president and supporter Cathy England (d. 2015). On the occasion of this 20/40 version of the juried exhibition, the PRC also extends special recognition to Vincent Marasa, PRC contract exhibition installer (1997 to the present). EXPOSURE 2016 is sponsored in part by the Hegner Family Foundation. #PRC2040 #PRC40Years #PRCJuriedShow