The Magenta Foundation
Established in 2004, The Magenta Foundation is Canada’s pioneering non-profit arts publishing house. Magenta was created to organize promotional opportunities for Canadian artists in the international arts community through circulated exhibitions and publications. Projects mounted by Magenta are supported by credible international media coverage and critical reviews in all mainstream media formats (radio, television and print).
Magenta works with key international organizations and individuals to help increase recognition for Canadian artists around the world, uniting the global photography community. Through its partnerships, Magenta sets a standard for community collaboration while developing both a domestic and international presence vital to the success of Canadian artists.
Magenta’s good reputation is growing with each project. The attention our artists receive reinforces our organization’s mandate to remain dedicated to increasing Canada’s visual arts profile around the world.
Completed Projects (in reverse chronological order):
- Flash Forward 2011
- The Station Point by Robert Bourdeau
- Hanoi Calling — One Thousand Years Now by Greg Girard
- Flash Forward 2010
- The Dead by Jack Burman
- Flash Forward 2009
- Carte Blanche Vol. 2: Painting
- Flash Forward 2008
- 2nd: The Face of Defeat by Sandy Nicholson
- Flash Forward 2007 (sold out)
- Phantom Shanghai by Greg Girard (sold out)
- Flash Forward 2006 (sold out)
- Carte Blanche Vol.1: Photography
- Flash Forward 2005 (sold out)
Confirmed Upcoming Projects:
- One Shot by George Pimentel — 2013
- Flash Forward 2014 (10th anniversary edition)